Monday, July 4, 2011

A Trip to the Mountains

After a few weeks of being here the interns felt it was neccessary to take a day of rest. So today, we enjoyed the fellowship of church (white church); where we got to praise the Lord with other missionaries who live in the area. Then we headed off to the mountains! I was so excited because I have starred at the mountains day after day and longed to drive in them and today was the day.

We kind of knew where we were going (and by we I mean Alex and Tipap-our driver). Either way we just took off driving toward the mountains and figured we would find our way to the top. After traveling through some of the most beautiful sites of Haiti; with flowers growing on vines spilling over gorgeous rock walls, with smiling people selling items from their stands, with giant beautiful houses, with farming carved into the side of the mountain and the sun peaking through the clouds. It was one of the most peaceful drives I have taken here.

When we arrived at the "top" we stopped at the Baptist Mission. It was a musem and resturant and there was also a hospital. However, it was Sunday and the musem and resturant were closed. So instead of going in we just wandered around and the merchants tried to sell us bracelents and machetes (none of which I purchased). It was fun to be in community with my friends enjoying the beauty of Haiti. I finally have some pictures to add...but I can't load them on the computer...so just look at Bre's:
http://www.aladyinhaiti.blogspot.com/

I love and miss you all...

No comments:

Post a Comment