Monday, July 4, 2011

Refocus

I often find myself watching the ground while I am in Haiti. Probably because the roads are filled with obstacles and I feel it is neccessary to watch my step. But I lose out on so much. Today as we were walking through a tent city to deliever some items to a family who shared their story with us, it was so easy for me to stare at the ground, looking for my next step. But I really just wanted to be looking up and taking in the area and the people. This confliction of wanting to look down at the immediate but also desiring to look forward and around can also be reflected of ministry.

I feel that there are so many days while I am here that I remain focused on the small tasks of today and tomorrow. Then I often forget to look up and see what the Lord is doing in Haiti. The beauty of the land, the people and the joy that He has brought to this country. We were reading through James 4 last night and this was a fresh reminder to refocus my view on the Lord's will and not about the small things of today and tomorrow.

13 Now listen, you who say, “Today or tomorrow we will go to this or that city, spend a year there, carry on business and make money.” 14 Why, you do not even know what will happen tomorrow. What is your life? You are a mist that appears for a little while and then vanishes. 15 Instead, you ought to say, “If it is the Lord’s will, we will live and do this or that.”

I hope you all are doing well. E-mail me an update of your life...I would love to hear.
lamoreau.step@uwlax.edu

All my love to you...

No comments:

Post a Comment