Tuesday, August 2, 2011

The End Means a Beautiful Beginning

My beautiful friends and family,

After many weeks of preparing for this survey, we finally began. As most of you know, we have been working with a community in Luly and today for the first time we were able to really get into the lives of the people. For many hours I sat with the Haitian people, in their home and hear them talk to me about their life. I of course had specific questions I needed to ask but the general idea was that they got to tell me about their life and how they live. Although I have been living here for a short while now, I feel like I was able to communicate and start understanding the Haitian people. Simply by hearing what they had to say I felt like I experienced their lives more completely. Obviously there is still much that can be learned from this culture and the Haitian people and much that they can be taught. But, a process began, a relationship was built that I dream will last for years to come.

Today is my last day in Haiti. I knew this day would eventually come, although I tried to pretend it wouldn't. Although, it will be extremely difficult to leave a place that has loved me and I have come to love, I leave with the knowledge that God is still in control of this country and will redeem it in His time.

(That's all I can process for now...)

HOME TO YOU MOM!!!

All my love....

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the great job and for giving of yourself to minister to our "family" in Haiti.

    ReplyDelete